Sunday, December 6, 2009

In The Beginning...

When you meet someone and feel like you could possibly have some chemistry with them, it's a wonderful feeling. I have been single for about nine months now and I haven't met someone that I have felt is worth pursuing since then. The last few months, some old friends of mine and I have been hanging out a lot more and I began to get to know one of them more than I have ever before. She is a very motivated girl that doesn't have to fit in like all other girls and knows what she wants out of life. I find it difficult to find a girl like that these days and that definitely caught my interest.

Friends began to tease us about the possibility of something happening and I was hoping to get to know her some more too. After one night of all of us going out, I didn't want to rush things or come on too strong so I made sure I was careful about what I might say or do. I sent her a text message one day just saying hello and to have a great day at work. Then, a few days later I invited her to come study with me and some of our friends. I didn't want to get too personal with her until I felt like I knew her well enough. Well, a friend of hers ended up telling me that she felt so pressured by me and that I was constantly trying to get a hold of her. I couldn't believe this! I hadn't done anything yet!

After all of this, it made it clear to me that this girl was definitely not the girl for me and I was very happy that I didn't try to hard to go after a girl that seems to be THAT anti-social. I'm sure that we'll still hang out with our friends together and everything but I will definitely not show any desire for anything beyond friendship for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment